Providing Funeral Services
To the Chippewa Valley
For over 100 years, Pederson-Volker Funeral Chapel & Cremation Services has been a fixture in Chippewa Falls. In 1902, Martin Hogseth operated a furniture store and funeral home on Spring Street in downtown Chippewa Falls. Noticing a need for a modern funeral building separate from the furniture, he and his son, Helmer, built an up-to-date funeral home.
Located on 44 E. Columbia Street on the former site of former resident and founding father of the city Hiram S. Allen, the building featured a beautiful chapel resembling that of a church. The Hogseth Funeral Chapel was founded on the principals of kindliness, courtesy, and consideration of all people in the community.
In 1950, Arnold C. Pederson purchased the Chippewa Falls funeral chapel. He added a family-style visitation room and an entryway to the original facility and operated the funeral home as Hogseth-Pederson Funeral Chapel until 1978. At that time William R. Volker purchased it and changed the name to Pederson-Volker Funeral Chapel & Cremation Services, as it remains today. Stacy Pickerign joined the staff as a funeral director in 1999 and, in January of 2012, became Bill's partner.
Still operating under the same motto on which it was built, the staff at our Chippewa Falls funeral home strive to provide the highest level of service and satisfaction possible to the families we serve.
Meet our Chippewa Falls funeral chapel staff